Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Compassion

SCRIPTURE
 
Psalm 40:11,17
11        You, O LORD, will not withhold your compassion from me; your lovingkindness and your truth will continually preserve me.
 
17        Since I am afflicted and needy, let the Lord be mindful of me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God.
(NASB)
 
 
PRAYER
 
Lord, ______ is afflicted and needy. I ask that you would help her to know that’s ok. Some of her pain is due to things beyond her control, and some is because of her own sin. But regardless Lord, she needs compassion, both from your people and you. I ask that you would move in the hearts of those around her to show compassion. I pray that you would give them a deep awareness and understanding of her pain. Help them to look beyond the veneer of “togetherness” and see the true hurt. Help them to crawl out of their own world long enough to see the reality of her world, Lord. Bring them alongside ______ so that they feel the depth of her pain with her. Move them to show compassion for her, actively, purposefully, and often. And Lord, even in those seasons when your people fail her, hold her close to yourself, and make her know that you truly do understand everything, and that you feel her pain with her. May she know the sweetness of your compassion. Amen.
 
 
ENCOURAGEMENT
 
His compassion is real, powerful, and sweet. Own it. And remember, you are worthy of the compassion of his people. Their abandonment speaks more of their character than your worthiness. Forgive them, and lean on our Lord.
 
 

No comments: