Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Rest in Him

SCRIPTURE
Matthew 11:28-30

[Jesus said] "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."


PRAYER

Rest for her soul Lord, I pray rest for her soul. I ask that ______ would come to you in her weariness, and the excessive load of the burden she carries. I pray that she would come and rest. Make her heart cease from its churning. Make her mind stop trying to calculate the sum of the parts of her life and circumstances. Stop her Lord, gently, and quiet her. May she lay down this night, sinking into your arms, and rest in you. And as she rises, may she simply continue obeying you, taking your yoke, doing what is right today, leaving tomorrow for you to care for. I pray that as she obeys, that your smile would shine upon her soul, and that the weariness would melt away. Rest Lord, rest is what I pray into ______ this day. Amen.


ENCOURAGEMENT

Take a deep breath, and let out a big sigh… and rest in him. You have come already. You have taken his yoke, and are doing what is right. Now rest my dear girl, rest. You are in his care.

_______________________________________
Dave's Life Coaching
_______________________________________

No comments: