Friday, September 21, 2007

Strength and Encouragement

SCRIPTURE
Psalm 138:3
As soon as I pray, you answer me;
you encourage me by giving me the strength I need.
PRAYER
Lord, as ______ is crying out to you, I ask that you would answer her quickly, and I pray that your answer would carry with it your strength. There are days when she feels weak Lord. It just feels like the circumstances of her life require more than she has to give. She is not sure that she can go on, but there seems to be no escape. And her heart begins to feel the heaviness of discouragement. Oh Lord, I ask that you would give a double portion of your strength to ______ this moment. And as that strength lands in her heart, I pray that it would bear the fruit of encouragement. Lift her spirits. Fill her with hope. Cover her with peace. May that strength give her the confidence she needs to walk the path before her, with honor and grace. Amen.
ENCOURAGEMENT
It may be that the answer to your prayer comes, not as the answer you expected, but as the answer you needed… strength. Be encouraged… you are just that important to him.

No comments: