Friday, September 7, 2007

A Sure Help

SCRIPTURE
Psalm 142:4-7a
 
4 I look for someone to come and help me,
      but no one gives me a passing thought!
   No one will help me;
      no one cares a bit what happens to me.
 5 Then I pray to you, O Lord.
      I say, “You are my place of refuge.
      You are all I really want in life.
 6 Hear my cry,
      for I am very low.
   Rescue me from my persecutors,
      for they are too strong for me.
 7 Bring my soul out of prison
      so I can thank you.
 
 
PRAYER
 
It is an empty feeling to be abandoned in our most desperate time of need, Lord. And yet, it is when ______ feels the sting of consequences for her own mistakes that she is most likely to be ignored by those who were her friends. She hopes for someone to help her, but they put her out of their minds. No one seems to care. And the very ones who could add comfort, multiply pain by their neglect. Yet, it is in those times that she is most likely to turn to you Lord. Move her heart to find her shelter in you. I ask that ______ would see you as the only one who could ever really fill that empty place in her life. I ask that you would hear her cry, lift her spirit, and rescue her from those who would spit the venom of self-righteousness upon her. Their accusations are too strong for her to handle Lord. Please release her soul from this prison. Free her to live again. Bring her home Lord, so that she can lavish her thanks upon you. Amen.
 
 
ENCOURAGEMENT

Seek God’s attentive and caring help most. It is the only sure help there is.

No comments: